Blue and White - A stitcher's delight!

"Embroidery is the art of enriching a fabric with stitchery." it is rightly said!

Here are few more of my enriching experiences..

Tablecloth in patchwork
 
 I experimented with a Blue and white combination using the log-cabin patchwork technique, to create this square tablecloth.

I have used a fabric with elephant motif and placed a patch with a single elephant in the center, then a singular blue-colored row around it, then again a band of the elephant motif fabric.

I finally seal the tablecloth with a broad piped border of the same blue colored material.

As for your own choice, you can increase or decrease the size of the tablecloth, by adding the rows over the previous one, and by increasing or decreasing the width of these rows, to create and achieve different effects.


 Cross-stitch + Hardanger

This piece is an inspiration from the antique farm houses of Norway, very well researched and documented in a book in Norwegian.

The original piece as published in the book is a long rectangular table cloth used as a mantelpiece in an old and famous farmhouse.

The author has reproduced the design, and I have stitched only two squares based on the original pattern.  I have used the pulled/drawn thread embroidery technique along the edges.

Here is a closeup of the pattern with two squares, which can be repeated as desired along the length of the fabric.
My other creations using Blue and White combination:
  • My Hardanger doily in an earlier post:  Click here.
  • My  tablecloths using Cross-stitch in an earlier post: Click here.
  • My String art Wall piece and Peacock in an earlier post: Click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say something? Go on..