Life in Monochrome is just as colorful

Black and white with grey in between signifies so many hidden things. The progression of white which is considered an open, pure and honest color into black which is secretive, authoritative and mysterious is made gentle with the softening tones f grey.

A favourite saying here.. "White is not a mere absence of color; it is a shining and affirmative thing, as fierce as red, as definite as black. God paints in many colors; but He never paints so gorgeously, I had almost said so gaudily, as when He paints in white. " says Gilbert Keith Chesterton a British novelist and poet.

Check out my experiments with pencil sketches to explore in between the colors..



I prepared this sketch from an ad in a newspaper. The depiction of the shades in print was so compelling, that I wanted to duplicate it with my pencils. And the most challenging part was certainly the dancer's eyes!



I love horses! I could not resist sketching this scene from a nature photograph, where you can feel the tempo, the rising dust and the panting breath of these lean muscular wild beauties..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say something? Go on..